Mr. Thome is a Registered Nurse, first and foremost. He currently is a Director of The Long Hill Company (Long Hill). Mr. Thome has been affiliated with Long Hill for 18 years, including serving as Senior Vice President with the primary role of on-site management of Receivership projects. As Director of Long Hill, Mr. Thome manages all on-site operational and clinical activities. Additionally, Mr. Thome is President and CEO of Hospice of America, Inc. and its affiliates. Prior to his current roles, Mr. Thome has held leadership roles in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations in the post-acute care industry. Mr. Thome was also a Senior Consultant at KPMG LLP Senior Living Services Practice, where he worked directly with Mr. Lawlor, President, Long Hill, providing operational assessments and training throughout the nation.
Mr. Thome has served the post-acute care industry for over 28 years with a demonstrated track record of leading the analysis, preparation and delivery of quality post-acute care services. He has proven expertise in driving productivity and efficiency through evaluation of organizational structure, financial management, clinical service delivery and implementation of process improvement practices. Mr. Thome has a unique skill set that allows for both Administrative Fiscal Management and Direct Clinical Management. Examples of his leadership and management experience include:
• Management/Operation Services – Responsible for providing and guiding strategic planning, direct management oversight and direct clinical oversight at the corporate, regional and facility level. Involvement and on-site management of projects with operating budgets ranging from $2 to $250 million.
• Receivership Services – Responsible for all on-site management of administration and clinical care delivery practices. Oversight and management of Long Hill administrative and clinician teams that provide on-site support to projects ranging from one (1) facility up to twenty- two (22) facilities. Works directly with Regulators (both Federal and State) related to past and present challenges, including development and execution of strategic plans to decrease regulatory risk and increase asset value.
• Turnaround Management – Utilizing a “roll your sleeves up” approach to manage distressed properties, has proven track record of stabilizing regulatory and financially challenge facilities. Has held every nursing position in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), including Certified Nursing Assistant, Staff Nurse, Infection Control Coordinator, Staff Development Director, Unit Manager, Director of Nursing, Regional Nursing Consult, and National Consultant. This in-depth skill set allows the ability gain confidence and support for staff at all level within an organization facilitating faster result toward established objectives.
• Clinical Oversight – Registered nurse with over 30 years on clinical experience. Expertise in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement related to clinical systems and practices.
• Systems Structure Redesign Specialist – Analyze current organizational structure, including the replacement and realignment of senior executive roles and responsibilities. Establishment of communication systems (both internally and externally) to ensure linear effort in achievement of goal and objective.
• Corporate Compliance Management and Oversight – Responsible for implementation of Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIA), working directly with Corporate Compliance Officers, CIA Monitors and Independent Review Organizations (IROs) to ensure compliance and/or correction of identified deficient practices. Spillover vendor management directly related to services impacting the CIAs.
CareMatrix – Management
Citizens Bank – Receiver
Compass Bank – Receiver
Columbia Pacific Advisors - Receiver
Formation Capital – Receiver
Guaranty Bank – Receiver
Heartland Funds – Receiver through US Bank
HUD – Receiver
Peoples Bank – Management
Stamper Capital – Receiver through US Bank
Sunwest TIC Investors – Management
The Wesley – Management
Touchstone Investors – Receiver through US Bank
Trans Health Care – Transactional Services
US Bank – Receiver
Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association
National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Valparaiso University
Registered Nurse License:
• Indiana – Active
• Ohio – Inactive
• Wisconsin – Inactive