Caring Relationships – Enriching Lives
Five-Star Short-Term Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care….The Bishop Wicke Way
You know you are providing the best care around when other healthcare professionals choose your community for their loved ones. They know the deal. They know who has had the best State survey and who has a history of optimum outcomes. The award-winning Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center fits the bill!
Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center has been newly renovated!
Photo credit: Woodruff/Brown Photography
Come see what makes us different:
- Relationships Matter
- Five-Star Rating with a long history of positive outcomes
- Pioneers and innovators in relationship-centered care
- Tray-Less Dining for a more home-like atmosphere
- Palliative and Hospice Care
- Caring for the body, mind, and spirit
- Consistent caregivers for a stronger relationships and better care
- Re-designed nursing stations which remove physical barriers that prevent families and residents in wheelchairs from connecting with staff
- Inter-disciplinary work stations for enhanced communication with staff, residents, families, healthcare professionals, and guests
- Comfortable, open, dining and gathering areas for residents and families
- Calming color palettes and beautifully updated furniture, lighting, flooring, artwork, and more!
- Podiatry, Audiology, and Vision Services Available
- Complimentary Massage Therapy for Short-Term Rehab patients
Bishop Wicke Health & Rehabilitation Center is proud to partner with Dr. Daniel E. Wollman, MD, PhD, who serves as the medical director for our Wesley Village campus. If your primary care physician does not currently make visits to Bishop Wicke, one of our qualified physicians will care for your needs throughout your rehab stay. Our medical staff will then collaborate with your primary care physician upon discharge to ensure a smooth transition back home and to your community.
Most individuals we serve utilize the services of a physician for guidance and assistance with changes of normal aging as well as when illness strikes. At UMH, these services are available on-site in the form of primary care (internist) along with specialty care, such as behavioral health, rehabilitation, dental care, and laboratory services. Too often today, most people find that their care is delegated to multiple individuals without a true "captain of the ship". Our goal at UMH is for individuals to be treated in a holistic manner - one which recognizes the complexities of medical care across multiple aspects of one's health.
Daniel E. Wollman MD, PhD has served UMH as the medical director for our Wesley Village campus since 2005. During this time, he has worked closely with the health services division to ensure the highest quality of medical care is provided on our campus. Dr. Wollman provides both primary care and consulting services for memory and cognitive deficits at Wesley Village. Dr. Wollman is a faculty member and lecturer for the Frank M. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. He completed his undergraduate, graduate, and medical training at the University of Pennsylvania and is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and Hospice and Palliative Care.
Leading the Way - Recognized for Providing Outstanding Care
What does it say when local university and hospital programs partner with your facility to train and mentor future healthcare professionals? Bishop Wicke Health and Rehabilitation Center serves as a geriatric clinical training site for sophomore nursing students from Fairfield University. This relationship offers students hands-on experience with Bishop Wicke’s innovative, relationship-centered care design and mission-driven philosophy of care. Bishop Wicke also serves as the preferred and only geriatric clinical site for Griffin Hospital (Derby, CT) CNA and PCA students each semester.