A Legacy of Caring
The Most Award-Winning Senior Living Community in Farmington
Here at Middlewoods of Farmington, independent living is carefree living. Your days are truly yours to enjoy; no laundry, cooking, cleaning or yard work! We believe your retirement should be enjoyable, so we make every effort to ensure your days are filled with the activities that bring you joy.
Our assisted living program is designed to adjust to your needs as they change. Allowing you to customize your care, with the support and assistance needed to help you maintain a level of comfort and independence suitable to your unique situation.
About Middlewoods of Farmington
Middlewoods of Farmington is a small and home-like assisted and independent living community affiliated with the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut. Featuring multiple living options, the community is specially designed to promote our relationship-centered approach to caring.
Each resident is known for who they are and what is important to them. Our staff takes the time to build relationships so we can provide a living environment that encourages meaningful engagement and opportunities to thrive. Our affiliation with UCONN allows us to provide the highest level of care and service to our residents.
Middlewoods of Farmington offers:
Beautifully appointed and updated Studio, One and Two Bedroom Apartments with full kitchen
On-site Geriatric Physician and Psychiatrist Services provided by UCONN Health Center
Podiatrist and Hearing Clinics on site
Game Room with pool table and pinball machine
Membership to the YMCA
Health and Wellness focus to help residents age in place
Weekly blood pressure and weight clinics
A long history of award-winning care, staff, and innovation
Full life enrichment program designed to meet individual residents interests
24-hour emergency call system
Emphasis on resident volunteerism within Middlewoods of Farmington and the community at large
Country Kitchen where residents cook and bake their special recipes to share
Movie Theater where residents enjoy current and nostalgic shows and movies
- Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry services
- Scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments, and trips
Most pets welcome (pending assessment for community living)
For most of us, the dining experience is the most important part of the day. Our residents and dining team feel the same! Our residents are served three chef-prepared meals each day in our quaint and charming dining room and snacks are always available for those looking for a little extra treat in our Country Kitchen.
Our team takes great pride in the preparation and presentation of every meal. The culinary program at Middlewoods of Farmington includes:
- Meals made to order and served restaurant-style
- A rich menu of alternate entrees including omelets, burgers, fresh fish, and petit filet mignon for lunch or dinner
- A Resident Food Committee that meets regularly with the Chef to sample new dishes and discuss upcoming menus
Registered Dietician who reviews and approves all menus and meets with residents as needed for special diet consultations
- Special occasions and themed meals throughout the year
- Guests are always welcome in the dining room for any meal or holiday
Our Caring Team
At Middlewoods of Farmington, our team goes above and beyond what our residents expect, to provide a life full of meaning and purpose. We embrace and live our Mission; to provide services that support health, independence, and dignity through a relationship-centered philosophy that best sustains body, mind, and spirit.
Our nurses and certified nursing assistants work with residents, their families and physicians to create a plan to promote wellness and independence in as many ways as possible. Residents are offered and encouraged to attend balance, stretching and strength training classes helping to promote physical and mental fitness. Additional classes such as yoga, qigong, tai chi, barre, and Zumba are also available. We also partner with YMCAwhich provides our residents with many other fitness options.
Our housekeeping and maintenance team take great care when working in residents’ homes. And our culinary staff, while serving our residents daily, do so in an engaging manner, noticing any changes in regular patterns or routines.
Our extraordinary lifestyle and environment provide residents with lots of opportunities to engage in activities, make new friends, and get involved in the community.
- Outings and events designed around residents’ interests
- A full calendar of programs including intellectually stimulating classes and discussion groups, live entertainment, brain fitness activities and a variety of volunteer opportunities at Middlewoods and in the local community.
- Trips to the nearby Wadsworth Athenaeum, New Britain Museum of Art, Elizabeth Park, Bushnell Theater for the Performing Arts, Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casinos, great restaurants near and far and much more
- Annual Trips include beach days at Hammonasset State Park, Tanglewoods, fishing along the Farmington River and tailgating at the New Britain Rock Cat Stadium
- Regular exercise and fitness classes
- Religious programs to meet residents’ spiritual needs
- Live entertainment, musical recitals, student performances, concerts, resident bell choir, and drama club
- Club activities such as Bird & Nature Club, Drama Club, Knitter & Crafting Club
- Intergenerational relationship developments through partnerships with local schools, churches, civic groups, and other youth programs
- Scheduled transportation to doctor appointments, shopping, errands, and off-site events
Our residents, families, and guests regularly comment on “that feeling you get” when walking through the door. It is instantly recognized as an environment of warmth and connection. The living rooms, lounges, and other spaces are designed to create an environment where it is easy for residents to gather and engage in conversations and fun! Being a small community, residents are able to get to know each other and form friendships. Good communication is an important aspect of life at Middlewoods of Farmington. Residents are encouraged to start the week at the Monday Morning Town Meeting, where they gather in the living room, around the fireplace to learn all the news of life in the community.
Family and friends feel welcome here and residents enjoy ample opportunities to get to know one another, whether over a cup of tea or baking a favorite recipe in the Country Kitchen, through a volunteer project such as feeding the hungry in Bushnell Park or caring for Woodsy, our adopted community cat who makes his home on the Middlewoods front porch, or a conversation in one of our many living rooms and lounges in our community.
Come join us for an upcoming event at Middlewoods of Farmington
Happily Ever Aging
Everything you need to know about caring for your loved one.
by Marissa Salvesen
Senior Living Communities Vs. Nursing Homes: Do You Know the Difference?
When people hear the term “senior living,” many quickly lump it into the same category as “nursing home.” In fact, these phrases are sometimes used interchangeably, further promoting the...
by Elizabeth Bemis
10 Tips for Men Managing the Demands of Senior Caregiving
No matter your gender, caring for an aging spouse, parent, family member or friend is no small or easy task. It presents a variety of demands that can impact a caregiver’s physical, mental, and...