A Legacy of Caring
A Welcoming Environment for Those Requiring Increased Care and Memory Support
Assisted Living & Memory Care Services
Our assisted living and memory care program is designed to adjust to our residents needs as they change. Allowing customized care, with the support and assistance needed to help them maintain a level of comfort and independence suitable to their unique situation.
Enhanced Assisted Living
Our Enhanced Assisted Living Program is designed for those who need additional support with daily living and socialization but may not require skilled nursing care. Interdisciplinary staff provide support to those who need more guidance and engagement resulting in an increased sense of independence in a homelike setting.
Lifestyle Transitions: The Next Generation in Assisted Living & Memory Care
Located on our Wesley Village Campus and within our Wesley Heights Assisted Living Community, Lifestyle Transitions is a unique program that offers a supportive environment for individuals with changing care needs.
What Makes the Lifestyle Transitions Program so Unique?
The Lifestyle Transitions program is designed to support residents with cognitive impairment and increased social needs by engaging them in life and activities within the Lifestyle Transitions neighborhood as well as the larger Wesley Heights community - providing encouragement, friendship, and a feeling of security. The program also focuses on developing daily routines for successfully managing individualized physical, social and cognitive challenges. A wander-protection system offers safety 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week, while our specialized design, with an enclosed outdoor courtyard and access to the Wesley Heights community, provides maximized independence.
Lifestyle Transitions offers:
- Studio Suite, Studio, Efficiency, & One-Bedroom apartments for individuals or couples
- Personalized assisted living and memory support services are provided by our dedicated nursing team
- Access to Geriatric Physician and Psychiatric Services
- Relationship-Centered Philosophy
- Consistent caregivers, trained by the Alzheimer’s Association
- State of the art 24-hour emergency call system
- Education & support services for residents & families, including monthly Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support Group
- Subsidized Programs available for eligible Section 8 residents
- Activity programs seven-days-a-week
- Safe & quiet spaces for reading, relaxation & dining
- Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long Term Skilled Nursing Home (Bishop Wicke) on campus
- Hair Salon and Wellness Center available on-site
Enhanced Assisted Living in Shelton, CT
The life and care at Lifestyle Transitions are tailored to meet each resident’s specific needs. Our mission to provide relationship-centered care inspires our team to get to know our residents on a personal level, allowing us the opportunity to learn and meet their individual needs. Our goal is to help our residents maintain a healthy lifestyle, encourage socialization with peers and relationships with our team, and manage individual physical, social, and cognitive challenges. Residents, their families, and our CareLink ™ nursing team work together to create specialized assisted living and memory care packages to meet their changing needs.
Assisted Living & Memory Care Services Include (but are not limited to):
- Medication Management (Included in Monthly Rental)
- Escorts To and From Meals and Activities
- Assistance with Dining and Personal Care
- Behavioral Support
- Companion Services
- Care Planning and Case Management
Personalized Private Duty Care
At Lifestyle Transitions, we understand that there are times that our residents need short-term or even longer-term one-on-one care to help them recover from an illness or to continue to age in place. Our Carelink Nursing Team can assist in providing additional hours of service by working with our preferred home care teams.
Additional Services Available
Residents at Lifestyle Transitions have access to health and wellness services across our Wesley Village campus, to allow for ease of transition as their care needs change.
These services include:
- Access to Geriatric Physicians and APRNs
- Access to Mental Health Professionals – including social workers, psychiatric APRNs, and psychologists
- Podiatry and Hearing Services
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies in our Wellness Center
- Blood Pressure Clinics
- Massage Therapy
- Short-Term Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
- Palliative Rehab & Hospice Care
Activity programs at Lifestyle Transitions engage residents in events and activities in the larger Wesley Heights community, while also providing specialized activities in our supportive environment. These programs are specially designed for residents with increased social needs as well as residents in need of personalized daily routines and/or those struggling with memory loss.
- Outings and events designed around residents’ interests
- A full activity calendar including regular volunteer opportunities
- Trips to the nearby art galleries, museums, casinos, farms, parks, restaurants, and theatres.
- Regular exercise and fitness classes on-site
- Religious programs to meet residents’ spiritual needs
- Live entertainment, musical recitals, student performances, and concerts.
- Arts & crafts, gardening and cooking, and baking
- Pet Visits
- Scheduled transportation to doctor appointments, shopping, errands, and off-site programs.
- Music & Memory Program (a personalized digital music program) Wesley Village is one of only a few certified Music & Memory care facilities in the State of Connecticut.
Come join us for an upcoming event at Lifestyle Transitions
Happily Ever Aging
Everything you need to know about caring for your loved one.
by Marissa Salvesen
Senior Living Communities Vs. Nursing Homes: Do You Know the Difference?
When people hear the term “senior living,” many quickly lump it into the same category as “nursing home.” In fact, these phrases are sometimes used interchangeably, further promoting the...
by Elizabeth Bemis
10 Tips for Men Managing the Demands of Senior Caregiving
No matter your gender, caring for an aging spouse, parent, family member or friend is no small or easy task. It presents a variety of demands that can impact a caregiver’s physical, mental, and...