A Legacy of Caring
The Most Award-Winning Senior Living Community in Newington
Here at Middlewoods of Newington, independent living is carefree living. Your days are truly yours to enjoy; no laundry, cooking, cleaning or yard work! We believe your retirement should be enjoyable, so we make every effort to ensure your days are filled with the activities that bring you joy.
Our assisted living program is designed to adjust to your needs as they change. Allowing you to customize your care, with the support and assistance needed to help you maintain a level of comfort and independence suitable to your unique situation.
About Middlewoods of Newington
Middlewoods of Newington is a unique and vibrant assisted and independent living community affiliated with the University of Connecticut Health Center. Featuring multiple living options, this community is specially designed to promote our relationship-centered approach to caring for seniors.
Each resident is known for who they are and what is important to them. Our staff takes the time to build relationships so we can provide a living environment that encourages meaningful engagement and opportunities to thrive. Our affiliation with UCONN allows us to provide the highest level of care and service to our residents.
Middlewoods of Newington offers:
- One-floor living with 60 studio, deluxe, and one-bedroom independent and assisted living apartments, all a short walk to anywhere
- On-site Geriatric Physician, Psychiatrist Services and Podiatrist
- Relationship-Centered Philosophy
- A long history of award-winning care, staff, and innovation
- Meaningful activities and socialization to encourage engagement
- Activity programs seven-days-a-week
- Most pets welcome (pending assessment for community living)
For most of us, mealtimes are the most important part of the day. Our residents and dining team feel the same! We serve three chef-prepared meals each day in our elegant Dining Room and snacks are always available in our Country Kitchen for those looking for a little extra treat.
Residents interested in cooking or baking for themselves or a group, take advantage of our fully equipped, state-of-the art Country Kitchen which offers a stocked pantry and refrigerator.
Our team takes great pride in the preparation and presentation of every meal. The culinary program at Middlewoods of Newington includes:
- Meals made to order and served restaurant-style
- A rich menu of alternate entrees
- A Resident Food Committee that meets regularly with the Chef to sample new dishes and discuss upcoming menus
- Special occasions and themed meals throughout the year
Our Caring Team
Our team at Middlewoods of Newington is a true embodiment of our mission; to provide services that support health, independence, and dignity through a relationship-centered philosophy that best sustains body, mind, and spirit.
The Middlewoods of Newington team truly cares deeply for our residents, not because it's their job, but because they believe it's their calling in life.
Our programs are designed to provide residents a variety of opportunities to get involved in activities, make new friends and try something new.
- Regularly scheduled exercise classes including Speed & Interval Training, Seated Kickboxing, Tai Chi, Strength & Endurance Training, Dancercize, and Walking Groups
- Tapping into their artistic side with classes and groups for painting, knitting, floral arranging, mandalas and our very own bell choir, The Bell Tones who perform in the community and for the general public at special events such as the Festival of Trees at the Wadsworth Atheneum
- Giving back to the local community and those in need through the Kindness Club
- Live musical entertainment each week with performers ranging from Barbershop Quartets, Piano and Guitar Duos, Classical Groups, Acapella, Big Band, Jazz and so much more
- Keeping their minds alert through a variety of activities and games such as word finds, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, Scrabble, Quicktionary, Bananagrams, Headbanz, Concentration, Setback, Poker, Rummikub and more
- Discussion groups on current events, history, literature, plants & nature and other topics of interest
- Celebrations honoring our Veterans
- Multi-generational programs with children ranging from tots to college and everything in between
- Trips to the nearby movie theaters, Goodspeed Opera House, New Britain Museum of Art, Elizabeth Park, Bushnell Theater for the Performing Arts, UCONN Women’s Basketball, Hartford Yard Goats, Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casinos just to name a few
- Religious programs to meet residents’ spiritual needs
- Scheduled transportation to appointments, shopping, errands, and off-site events
Relationships are important to us at Middlewoods of Newington. Residents foster meaningful relationships with each other and our team. Not only does everyone know each other’s name, they know your family and what's new and exciting in each other’s lives.
Middlewoods of Newington was specially designed to provide environments that encourage conversation and friendships, featuring gathering spaces that create an ambiance and an atmosphere that promotes camaraderie. Our Country Kitchen, with its farmhouse table, brings back memories of enjoying tea with the family and our double-sided fireplace is reminiscent of times spent in front of a roaring fire.
Come join us for an upcoming event at Middlewoods of Newington
Happily Ever Aging
Everything you need to know about caring for your loved one.
by Elizabeth Bemis
Guidance for Male Caregivers of Spouses Living with Alzheimer’s
Women are disproportionately affected by Alzheimer’s disease, as nearly two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer's are female. And although the majority of caregivers for this population is made up of...
by Marissa Salvesen
Research Findings that Underscore the Benefits of Senior Living
The possibility of moving out of one’s home is not always a welcome idea for seniors, but planning for the future or considering the best alternatives for current day-to-day challenges is incredibly...